Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sick

I love owning a dog but I don't like having to pay a lot of money to keep them healthy very well. Our yellow lab that we have had for almost 2 years now is a great dog and Chris has trained him very well to be his hunting partner but we have been having problems with his ears. It seems that he keeps getting a type of yeast infection in them and sparing you all the gory details, he shakes his head a lot and breaks blood vessels in his ear. It has turned out to cost quite a bit for the vet to drain his ear and today was Gunner's second round. Poor dog. My husband isn't feeling too great about it either since it both cost us a lot of money that we just don't have and Gunner is done hunting for the rest of the season because of his ear. Poor Chris. Hahaha! The vet said something about changing Gunner's food so hopefully this will help!

Chris is feeling normal again after his nasty time with the flu. I have been sick too but differently, two weeks ago, my right lymph node in my throat swelled up so bad that it became very difficult to swallow. I thought it was getting better and then this weekend (why does it always happen on the weekend?) it got so bad that the Tylenol wasn't helping and I would double over in pain every time that I had to swallow. I'm not talking about swallowing food or drink, just swallowing. Something that we all take for granted until we can't do it anymore! I somehow made it to the doctor on Monday and he gave me an antibiotic to take for 10 days and today I have been finding relief finally. At least the strep test came negative so I don't have to worry about that but this sure hasn't been fun. The good thing in all this, my kid's haven't gotten sick at all!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord!

0 comments: